Saturday, November 3, 2007

Trying New Things

30 short stories in 30 days is about trying new styles and using new voices in my writing. Each story, I hope will be unique and touch someone in a different way. I'll keep adding to this pot as I write and catologe my stories.

Day 1: I was brave by writing story that let's the reader decide their own interpretation of what's going on. Are they sisters? I she a figment of someone else's imagination? Only I know. Also, I never gave anyone an actual name except the smallest character in the whole story. Both are different from me.

Day 2: I wrote "Dear Abby" letters to Catholic Patron Saints. This was different because I am not Catholic and know nothing of their saints. Also, I incorporated my real like situations and feelings into the "question" part and answered myself with truths I already know but am afraid to admit/believe.

Day 3: I have chosen to take 2 paintings by John William Waterhouse and tell their tale. This will be the first time I have ever really written about same gender love. Another first and a good exercise in all!

No comments: